It has been a pleasure to see the opening work you have already put forth in our production of Evita. I am so proud to see every performer reaching beyond comfort zones. Bethany is sending a list that has your name next to the general characters you play. I have revised it a bit from the list I gave out last night.
Before I see you next, I would like you to look at the characters you play. In the side-tab links under 'Documents' is a character creation sheet. Use the show’s music, lyrics, dialogue and Argentinian history to influence you. Be detailed. Syncing it is in Word, you can put as much information as you want. Are some of the characters the same? For example, does your character join the army to find a way to feed your family? Are you wealthy in the beginning and the Perons take your money (Aristocracy) making you a descamisado? Try to be detailed about choices. What is your specific job (if you have one)? What is you education, history and background?
This is a link to some common Argentinian names. Look up their Spanish definition.
What does that say about your character?
For historical characters…Eva, Peron, Eva’s family…possibly Che…read as much as possible. Learn what they looked like, what they wore. Read biographies.
You may also choose to create a collage of photos about your character…words, pictures, etc. that inspire your character(s).
Excited to see the richness you bring to the characters.
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment